All adult Deer Park Public Library cardholders in good standing are welcome to borrow museum passes for free. You will need to accept our policies in order to browse and register for a specific museum.
Museum Pass Policy
Please review the museum pass policy as approved by the Board of Trustees.
Browse by Category
Look for a museum by name, choose a date and enter your library card number after you've submited your agreement. This last step will redirect you to our museum pass registration page.
- Museum Passes
- Pass Policies
- Browse Museums
List of Museum Passes
The library currently offers passes for the following places of interest:
|*American Airpower Museum||*Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery|
|*Fire Island Lighthouse||*Harbes Family Farm|
|*Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum||*Long Island Children's Museum|
|*Nassau County Museum of Art||*NYS Empire Pass|
|*New York Hall of Science||*Old Westbury Gardens|
|*Old Bethpage Village Restoration||*Sands Point Preserve|
The Long Island Children's Museum, Empire Pass, Old Bethpage Village Restoration, and Sands Point Preserve WILL NOT accept print-on-demand passes at this time. As such, you will need to come to the library either the day before, or day of, your scheduled reservation to pick up the museum pass. You will also need to return the pass to the library the day after your reservation or you will be charged a late fee.
PLEASE NOTE: The Library does its best to monitor museum hours, however, as closings can be unforeseen, it is the patrons’ responsibility to call or check the museum websites BEFORE making a reservation!
Click Next Step below to our policy agreement.
For further information, please see the Children’s Department.
Museum Pass Policy
Approved by the Board of Trustees, August 24, 2022
- The library circulates a limited number of passes to area museums. Reservations may be made online by following the Museum Pass links on the library webpage.
- Patrons may also make reservations in person at the Children’s reference desk or by calling us at 586-3000 ext. 3.
- Free Museum Passes are available to Deer Park Public Library adult cardholders in good standing who have signed the Museum Pass agreement. A new agreement form must be signed each time a pass is borrowed.
- Passes may be reserved up to two months in advance by an adult borrower, who is responsible for its pick-up. The patron reserving the passport must check out the pass using their own card in person.
- Only one pass may be reserved per adult cardholder at a time.
- All reservations should be made for the actual date of your intended visit. Each museum reserves the right to determine the rules and regulations governing usage.
- Passes may be picked up on the day before your visit to the museum and will be checked out on the Deer Park Public Library card used to make the reservation. Passes may be borrowed for a two-day period.
- Passes must be picked up at the Library no later than 8pm, Monday through Thursday and by 5pm on Friday, 4pm on Saturday and by 3pm on Sunday.
- Passes are returnable on the third day and must be returned to the Library no later than 8pm on the due date. (On Friday passes are due by 5pm, on Saturday passes are due by 4pm and Sunday by 3 pm.) Passes may not be returned in the outside book drop but must be returned to the Children’s Department.
- If the Library is closed on the due date, the pass will be due the next day the Library is open. This date will be indicated on the date due slip given to you at checkout.
- If the pass is returned late, a daily fee of $20 will be charged. No renewals will be permitted. If the pass is lost, the full purchase price will be charged. Once a pass is reported lost, it loses all value.
- Patrons should call the museum directly or check their website for up-to-date information regarding hours of operation, special events, parking, and/or directions.
- If you are unable to borrow the pass, please cancel your reservation by calling the Children’s Services, 631-586-3000 ext. 3. As a courtesy to others, please cancel any reservation you will not be using as soon as possible. Continued disregard for other patrons by not cancelling reservations you are unable to use will result in your museum privileges being blocked for 30 days.
- The library has a limited number of passes and therefore if a pass comes back late or is lost, the library may not be able to honor reservations.
- The library reserves the right to review and amend these guidelines as it becomes necessary.
MUSEUM PASS AGREEMENT, Deer Park Public Library
By clicking the check mark below, I attest that I am 18 years of age and I agree to the following statements:
Patron's Full Name
Accept terms and conditions
Browse available Museum Passports by selecting one of the following options:
By Museum Name By Date View My Account