Museum Pass Policy
Approved by the Board of Trustees, April 22, 2015
- The library circulates a limited number of passes to area museums. Reservations may be made online by following the Museum Passport links on the library webpage.
- Patrons may also make reservations in person at the Children’s reference desk or by calling us at 586-3000.
- Free Museum Passports are available to Deer Park Public Library adult cardholders in good standing who have signed the Museum Passports agreement. A new agreement form must be signed each time a passport is borrowed.
- Passports may be reserved up to two months in advance by an adult borrower, who is responsible for its pick-up. The patron reserving the passport must check out the pass using their own card in person.
- Only one passport may be reserved per adult cardholder per one month period. Multiple reservations within that period will result in the Library deleting your additional reservations at our discretion.
- All reservations should be made for the actual date of your intended visit. Each museum reserves the right to determine the rules and regulations governing usage.
- Passes may be picked up on the day before your visit to the museum and will be checked out on the Deer Park Public Library card used to make the reservation. Passports may be borrowed for a two-day period.
- Passports must be picked up at the Library no later than 8pm, Monday through Thursday and by 5pm on Friday, 4pm on Saturday and by 3pm on Sunday.
- Passports are returnable on the third day and must be returned to the Library no later than 8pm on the due date. (On Friday passes are due by 5pm, on Saturday passes are due by 4pm and Sunday by 3 pm.) Passports may not be returned in the outside book drop but must be returned to the Children’s Department.
- If the Library is closed on the due date, the pass will be due the next day the Library is open. This date will be indicated on the date due slip given to you at checkout.
- If the passport is returned late, a daily fee of $40 will be charged. No renewals will be permitted. If the passport is lost, the full purchase price will be charged. Once a passport is reported lost, it loses all value.
- Patrons should call the museum directly or check their website for up-to-date information regarding hours of operation, special events, parking, and/or directions.
- If you are unable to borrow the passport, please cancel your reservation through our website or by telephone to the Children’s Department.
- You may view your reservations and make changes online at on our Museum Passport page. As a courtesy to others, please cancel any reservation you will not be using as soon as possible. If an unused reservation is not cancelled, you will be unable to reserve a pass for the following two month period.
- The library has a limited number of passes and therefore if a pass comes back late or is lost, the library may not be able to honor reservations.
- The library reserves the right to review and amend these guidelines as it becomes necessary.
MUSEUM PASSPORT AGREEMENT, Deer Park Public Library